The National Weather Service issued a winter weather advisory for Saturday. The advisory, issued just after 4 a.m. Saturday is in effect for 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. Saturday.
An Advisory is issued for less serious weather conditions that are occurring, or have a high likelihood of occurring. An ADVISORY is for weather that will cause significant inconvenience but is not likely to threaten life or property. These situations are not life threatening, any damage is usually localized and the main danger is hazardous travel.
Snow will move in late this morning and continue into this afternoon.
* IMPACTS...SNOW WILL LIKELY COVER ROADWAYS AND MAKE FOR HAZARDOUS TRAVEL. THE SNOW WILL ALSO CAUSE REDUCED VISIBILITIES. GUSTY SOUTHWEST THEN NORTHWEST WINDS AT NIGHT WILL CAUSE BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF SNOW.
* WIND CHILLS...IN THE TEENS TODAY AND FALLING TO NEAR ZERO TONIGHT.
* TEMPERATURES...IN THE LOWER TO MID 20S WHILE IT IS SNOWING.
* VISIBILITIES...AROUND HALF A MILE AT TIMES.
* TONIGHT...WIDELY SCATTERED TO SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS OR SQUALLS MIGHT MAKE IT INTO THE REGION AND LOCALLY DROP AROUND AN ADDITIONAL INCH OF SNOW.
NWS Forecast for Eastern Chester County: