Electrical Fire Closes Bagel Shop Temporarily

The sign on the door had Patch readers asking what is going on at Chesterbrook store.

The bright orange sign on the door appeared to be a little more ominous than what was going on inside the Manhattan Bagel Store in the Chesterbrook Shopping Center on Friday.

Store Manager Lalo Patel told Patch a circuit breaker box caught fire Friday morning, forcing the store to close for repairs. The sign on the door read "condemned" prompting curious readers to contact TE Patch.

The signs are often issued in situations like this. They can indicate that a store or building or pther facility must be inspected before they can be re-opened to the public.

Patel told Patch late Friday morning that an electrical contractor was on site working to correct the problem. The manager told TE Patch he was hoping to get the store re-opened for business late Friday afternoon or by Saturday morning.  As of 3 p.m. Friday an electrical contractor was still working inside the store.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »