With so many great things happening all the time in TE, Patch wants to help you spread the word.
Is the Phillie Phanatic coming to your school? Is your church hosting a special concert? Is your nonprofit organizing a 5K run to raise money?
One of the most popular parts of TE Patch is our events calendar. Each day's events get space on the homepage and in our daily newsletter so we all can find out the great things that are going on around town.
It's so easy to get your event the attention it deserves, whether it's your church's annual picnic, or your son's soccer team is holding a fundraiser to raise money for new uniforms. There's room for bake sales, yard sales, school events, concerts, lectures, government meetings, fairs and more in our calendar.
Follow these steps to add your event to our calendar.
- Click "Events" on the homepage tool bar, then click "Add an Event," or select "Post your own event" at the bottom of the page in the contribute box.
- Give your event a title, i.e. "Troop 151 to Host Bake Sale"
- Enter a date and time for the event.
- Either search for a location in the "Where" spot, or enter the address of the event.
- Add a description letting the community know what the event is for, who can come and anything else you think is relevant.
- Choose a category for the event.
- Add a photo or illustration, if you have one. Events with photos or logos grab more attention that those without.
- You can add a link to the website, contact information, price and a ticket website, but it isn't necessary to post the event.
- Click "Post My Event," and it will show up on the events calendar shortly.
Now the whole Tredyffrin-Easttown community will know about your event, and it might even be featured in upcoming news articles.