Christkindlmarkt, the popular festival that takes place in Pennsylvania's own Bethlehem each holiday season, is celebrating its 20th year. Here's what you need to know to enjoy the festivities:
1. Vendors: This year’s festival features 125 vendors each week – the most in the event’s history – and more than 200 in all during its six-week run.
2. Location: Christkindlmarkt is located at PNC Plaza at SteelStacks, 645 E. First St., Bethlehem. For tickets and information, visit www.artsquest.org.
3. Schedule: Christkindlmarkt is open Thursday through Sunday, Nov. 15-Dec. 23 (closed Thanksgiving) Hours are Thursday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m., Friday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-8 p.m., and Sunday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
4. Admission: Tickets are $8 for a daily pass and $18 for a season pass (ages 12 and under admitted free).
5. Recognition: Christkindlmarkt -- recognized as one of the top holiday markets in the world by Travel + Leisure -- features aisles of handmade works by the nation’s finest artisans; live holiday music; glassblowing and ice sculpting demonstrations; jolly old St. Nicholas and more.
Established in 1993, the Christkindlmarkt Bethlehem holiday festival has welcomed more than 950,000 people through its doors over the past 19 years.
ArtsQuest will present the one-millionth Christkindlmarkt visitor, expected to walk through the doors some time in December, with a holiday gift pack including four Christkindlmarkt season passes for life, a $100 ArtsQuest gift card and four passes to see “Bethlehem: The Christmas City” film at the ArtsQuest Center .