Within the first three hours of opening our temporary TE Patch Hurricane Sandy relief supplies collection center in Berwyn hundreds of items have come in, but we still need your donations to help as many people as we can on Staten Island.
Families who lived in nice homes just three weeks ago are without homes, living in shelters, or trying to survive in storm ravaged homes without power and heat. They are a two hour drive from TE.
The TE Patch collection center is open until 8 Tonight (Wednesday) and from1-5 p.m. Tomorrow (Thursday) at 654 Lancaster Avenue in Berwyn. We are right across the street from the Berwyn Train Station, next to the Malvern Federal branch at the corner of Lancaster Ave. and Main Street.
Other Collection Locations:
Where to bring your donations:
EmJ's Cafe: 814 Lancaster Ave. in Berwyn
- Thursday 6:30 a.m.-8:30 p.m.
They will be taking donations from 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Thursday at their office in Devon
HomeCooked in Paoli Village Shoppes (directly across S. Valley Rd from the Paoli Train Station)
You can drop off items at HomeCooked from 10a.m-6p.m. Wednesday and Thursday.
Every Donation is important, welcome and appreciated. No donation is too small.
We are collecting donations of:
Bring donations of:
- Non-perishable dry food items that can be eaten right out of the box or can or package (many people are living in shelters or in homes with no cooking or and no refrigeration facilities). There's also a need for instant coffee.
- Diapers (all sizes are in especially short supply and high demand)
- Baby wipes and adult wipes/moist towelettes (for those in shelters or in damaged houses baths and showers are still hard to find)
- Baby formula (that does not require refrigeration for storing)
- Sanitary Products
- Men's underwear (all sizes in new packages)
- Small Toys (many kids are facing spending the holidays in shelters or away from the homes they are used to) please no bikes, big games or boxed toys. Space is limited for many families so this should be something the can fit in a pocket, purse or backpack.
- Other basic necessities (items that might be helpful to families who suddenly found themselves without a home).
- NEW blankets and pillows
- Several people have inquired but for this collection drive we are not taking household furniture items.