Congratulations to Lauren, the winner of our Mother’s Day Contest and $500.
Post from winner (Lauren):
My Mom taught all of us to love with an open and pure heart. Her lesson was simple…treat others the way you want to be treated and you live a life full of love. She made sure to teach each one of us to reach out to others for they may just need a simple hand up in life to get through a hard time. I can only hope that she smiles with pride and sees that I do my best to carry on what she so lovingly taught me of love.
Patch created this contest as a way to allow readers an outlet to talk about their moms and have a chance to win some money. I had not expected the outpouring of amazing stories we received. Thank you to everyone who participated. I was moved by so many of the stories. I’m including some highlights below, but they are only sentences out of longer posts and only a few out of the many wonderful comments, so I encourage you to read the wonderful stories about local moms.
- : “[M]y mother has taught me so much, how to see the good in each person, no matter the exterior.”
- : “My mother has shown me the true meaning of unconditional love over the past nineteen years.“
- : “My mom is a female superhero.“
- : “My Mom is the coolest person on the planet.“
- : “My mom always woke me with a smile.”
- : “My mom never did a selfish act.”
- : “My mom inspires me every day.”
- : “My Mother was my best friend and my biggest fan.”
- : “My wife and I would always comment that to a fault, my Mom put her kids (and then her grandkids) ahead of herself every day of the week, and twice on Sunday!”
Editor’s Note: As a Patch employee, I obviously could not enter the contest, but I would like to add my comment here: My mother is a loving and strong woman who has always put my needs before her own. She raised me as a single mom after my parents divorced when I was young. She gave up a lot of things so I could have the advantages I had. She has made me the person I am today and I thank her for all that and more.