Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
The Underground Railroad
- When: Friday, Feb. 1 at 4:30 p.m.
- Where: Paoli Library 18 Darby Rd, Paoli
- Why Go: History comes alive at Paoli Library during this free interactive presentation by The Chester County Historical Society based on the true local story of escaped slave Rachel Harris. Come live the story of the many people of varying backgrounds who courageously took risks to stand up for their own beliefs while helping another pursue freedom. Registration is required. Sign up online at www.tredyffrinlibraries.org/pkids.asp. For more information, call the library at 610-296-7996, or email Linden Gallagher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cost: Free
Led Zeppelin Show
- When: Friday, Feb 1 or Saturday, Feb. 2
- Where: Main Line School of Rock, 511 Old Lancaster Rd, Berwyn
- Why Go: Come out on February 1st or 2nd to see the Main Line School of Rocks' Led Zeppelin Show! You will here some great Zeppelin tunes which sound very authentic! Bring family and Friends.
- Cost: $10
PLACES! Community Theater Musical
- When: Feb. 1 through Feb. 16
- Where: Footlighters Theater 58 Main Ave, Berwyn
- Why Go: In a celebration of Theater supporting Theater, Footlighters Community Theater is proud to present a World Premiere musical event by local author and composer Danny Scott—PLACES! Follow the musical paths of uniquely talented strangers as they grow to become the closest of friends in this heart warming and toe tapping production about the relationships that are created in community theater.
- Cost: $15
Ikebana Demonstration: The Art of Japanese Flower Arranging
- When: Sunday, Feb. 3 at 2 p.m.
- Where: Jenkins Arboretum 631 Berwyn Baptist Rd, Devon
- Why Go: Jose Juico, Ikebana artist, will demonstrate the creation of Ikebana arrangements. All are welcome. Pre-registration is appreciated.
- Cost: Free
Concert: Birdie Busch
- When: Saturday, Feb. 2 at 8 p.m.
- Where: The Music Workshop 643 Lancaster Ave, Berwyn
- Why Go: Enjoy the sounds of Birdie Busch. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. BYOB.
- Cost: $10
- When: Friday, Feb. 1 from 6:30 - 9 p.m.
- When: Center on Central, 24 W. Central Ave, Paoli
- Why Go: Drop the kids off for a fun night of creative activities. The night includes a pizza snack, an arts activity and/or craft project – which will have a different theme each month, and ends with a movie-chill out time to be ready for bedtime after pick up. This weeks theme is Pottery Night: We will be making coil pots as keepsakes or gifts. Preregistration preferred.
- Cost: $30 for first child, $20 for each additional sibling