Invite a friend
Still Life Intensive, with Jon Redmond
This workshop will focus on bringing some energy to what can sometimes be a fruitless exercise. Demonstration will be part of each day as well as discussion of various artists' approach to the still life. Jon will encourage students to move beyond their normal comfort zone and help to create a painting that is much more than just a rendition of objects. Students will bring their own objects, but will be guided in finding a personal approach to move beyond mere apples and oranges.
|Where||Wayne Art Center 413 Maplewood Ave, Wayne, PA 19087|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||10:00 pm–3:00 pm|
|Who to bring||College Students, Moms, Dads, Singles, Seniors|
More About Wayne Art Center
The Wayne Art Center continues to grow as it has during the last five years and offers programming and exhibition for adults and children. Four sessions of classes and workshops are offered each year for sculpture, drawing, painting, ceramics, stained glass, jewelry, cooking and music instruction.
The Wayne Art Center also features two state of the art galleries that feature changing exhibitions of work by local, regional, national and international artists. The center runs a visual, culinary and performing arts summer camp with weekly day sessions for children ages 2 - 16 years old. Outreach programs are also offered including classes for brain injured and seniors. The gift shop is open Monday through Saturday from 10am to 4pm.
Other events here
- Private Garden Series 2013 Tue, May 21, 9:00 am–3:00 pm
- Workshop: Portrait Painting Modeling Form/Features with Ellen Cooper May 10, 2013 / May 17, 2013 / May 24, 2013 / May 31, 2013, 10:00 am–3:00 pm
- Table & Tap: Al Fresco Thu, May 30, 6:30 pm–9:00 pm
- Guided Tour of the Gardens at Big Bend Wed, Jun 5, 10:30 am
- Plein Air Demo with Valerie Craig Thu, Jun 6, 5:30 pm–7:30 pm
- Private Garden Series 2013 Wed, Jun 12, 9:00 am–3:00 pm
- Plein Air Painting Lecture with Marilyn Bauman Wed, Jun 12, 1:00 pm
- Ekphrastic Plein Air Poetry Reading Sat, Jun 15, 3:00 pm
- Once Upon a Vegetable Wed, Jun 19, 11:15 am–12:00 pm
- Private Garden Series 2013 Tue, Jun 25, 9:00 am–3:00 pm