1. T&E Care just wrapped up a holiday gift drive which met 100% of the requests the group was hoping to meet. The local organization, which is dedicated to helping families in Tredyffrin and Easttown meet immediate and short term needs while they get back on their feet, can always use cash donations. The T&E Care website says they are also looking for turkey and ham donations to round out Christmas dinners. Click here for the full details on helping with the holiday dinners.
2. The Foundation for Learing in T/E (FLITE) is dedicated to helping meet the needs of students in the T/E School District. You can donate directly on the groups's website by clicking here. You can also shop for gifts and other items with 16 percent of the proceeds going to the organization.
3. Hope Worldwide is a locally based charity dedicated to helping the hurt and suffering in nations around the world. The organization is affiliated with the International Churches of Christ. Click here for a link to the organization's homepage where you can donate on line.
4. In the Red Cross Holiday Catalogue you can make a donation in someone else’s name, but the money is used to buy specific items found in the catalogue. Some examples are, you can buy vaccines for an entire village, you can buy cots for victims of a tornado or other natural disaster, or buy phone cards for service members overseas to call their families. These are just three of the many possible ideas.
5. Surrey Services in Berwyn offers a wide range of services to people over 55. Over half the members served have annual incomes of $20,000 or less. You can donate your time or make a cash contribution. Click here for a link to the surrey site where you can make an online donation.
6. The Wayne Senior Center is collecting gifts for local senior citizens. Drop off wrapped gifts and gift cards at the senior center.
Related Topics: giving to others