Get Out: Valentine's Day Jewelry Making, Tea Etiquette and More
What's going on in and around Tredyffrin-Easttown this weekend.
Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
- When: Friday, Feb. 8 from 4:30 - 5:30 p.m.
- Where:Paoli Library
- Why Go: Make a unique gift for your favorite valentine! Stop by the library for this fun, free craft event— just in time for Valentine's Day. For ages 7-11. Registration is required. To sign up, stop by the library, call the library at 610.296.7996, or email Linden Gallagher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cost: Free
- When: Through Feb. 16
- Where:Footlighters Theater 58 Main Ave, Berwyn
- Why Go: In a celebration of Theater supporting Theater, Footlighters Community Theater is proud to present a World Premiere musical event by local author and composer Danny Scott—PLACES! Follow the musical paths of uniquely talented strangers as they grow to become the closest of friends in this heart warming and toe tapping production about the relationships that are created in community theater.
- Cost: $15
- When: Saturday, Feb. 9 at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Where:Easttown Library
- Why Go: Children may dress up, enjoy tea and Valentine treats, and learn about etiquette. This program is sponsored by the Friends of the Easttown Library and will be facilitated by Lisa Richey of Manners To Go. Two sessions available by age groups: Ages 4 - 7 at 11 a.m., ages 8+ at 1 p.m. For more information and to register, please see website.
- Cost: $15
- When: Saturday, Feb, 9 at 6 p.m.
- Where: East Whiteland Fire Company 170 Planebrook Rd, Frazer
- Why Go: Think 'Grey' this Valentine's Day and help raise money for The National Brain Tumor Society. Play Bingo for a chance to win designer handbags by Coach, Vera Bradley, Dooney & Bourke and more. Basket raffles, food, baked goods for purchase. BYOB. For additional information, please see event listing.
- Cost: $25 in advance, $30 at door
- When: Sunday, Feb. 10 from 1 - 5 p.m.
- Where: Great Valley High School 225 Phoenixville Pike, Malvern
- Why Go: Ring in the Year of the Snake with folk dances, traditional Chinese music, Peking Opera sword dance, and songs and poems. A Culture Fair with a dozen game and craft stations and cultural displays will be open from 3 - 5 p.m. Food and merchandise also onsite. Hosted annually by the Main Line Chinese Culture Center. For more info, visit www.mlccc.org or call 215-490-6074.
- Cost: Free